Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ok, I updated the blog!!!!

April with all her fur friends. 
Liz starting to put the tree together.

So April wanted me to add a funny thing that I did 28 years ago.   Since I'm still not a great bread maker, here is why.....  About 28 years ago, I wanted to make a teddy bear loaf of bread I saw in a magazine.  Well, I had most of the ingredients, except milk.  I did have some formula from Elizabeth's supply.  Well the bread came out very pretty - golden brown, oh the taste was different  :-)   VERY DENSE.  To this day I don't attempt to make bread. 

Or how about the time I tried to give dad a haircut on Halloween back in 77.  We lived in a apartment building.  So here  I was with an electric razor, trimming his hair and the door bell rang with a trick or treater, I didn't even know we had a door bell at that place (lol)   Well you can guess what happened...... yup I took a big chuck out, needless to say he had to totally shaved.  I haven't done that since either!

The other thing we used to do in the "old" days was follow the husbands ship port to port.  That is how I got the name seagull, any wife that met the ship in port was called that, because the seagulls always followed ships around port to port. 


3 comments:

April said...

more stories!

LB said...

funny - did you try the bread?
I didn't know that about the seagulls

April said...

More updates!!! It's been 4 weeks... I know you have been busy.